Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
The mission of the City of Nassau Bay EMS is to:
- Improve the quality of life for all citizens of Nassau Bay
- Help people avoid, prepare, and cope with those events which threaten their quality of life
- Deliver the highest quality of health care in the most effective and compassionate manner to the sick and injured of Nassau Bay regardless of their ability to pay
Our vision is to provide quality pre-hospital care to the sick and injured, as well as those needing our help in the City of Nassau Bay.
18019 Upper Bay
Nassau Bay, TX 77058
Emergency Medical Services
Our staff consists of EMS supervisors, paramedics, and EMTs. All paramedic staff personnel are required to maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS) provider certifications. Most staff members also maintain CPR-Instructor certification. Employees of the medical staff are organized into teams comprised of two persons trained in emergency medicine:
- During the week, the teams are assigned to 24-hour shifts
- This is a fully-paid service, licensed by the State of Texas, with staffing of basic EMTs and paramedics
The Nassau Bay Emergency Medical Service (EMS) was a division of the Fire Department in the early 1970s. In 2003, Nassau Bay EMS was transferred from a volunteer service to a fully-paid EMS service and was placed under the immediate direction of Emergency Management.
The City Nassau Bay EMS has one fully-stocked Texas Department of State Health Services-certified Mobile Intensive Care Unit (MICU) with Basic Life Support Capabilities (BLS) ambulance. The City of Nassau Bay provided EMS with state-of-the-art equipment and is outfitted with:
- CPAP generator
- EZ-IO Kit
- F.A.S.T One
- Medtronic LIFEPAK 12-Lead ECG monitor
- Pulse oximetry
- Veriflo 02 manifold
Progressive Standing Orders
One of our real strengths as an EMS organization has been our progressive standing orders. In 2014, Sandeep Duggal, M.D. became the current medical director for the Nassau Bay EMS.
For more information about Nassau Bay's EMS service, please call 281-957-9560.