As one of the original families in Nassau Bay, James Abbey is deeply committed to the community where he is now raising his own family. James’ father served as Director of JSC during the early days of the space program, which motivates James to preserve Nassau Bay’s space heritage for future generations.
James has spent the majority of his career working with local, state, and federal governments to achieve mutually beneficial results for communities. Examples include working with the DOD, HHS, US Reserve Command, Army Corps of Engineers, and Texas’ Parks & Wildlife, General Land Office and Workforce Commission to:
- Increase funding and minimize flooding,
- Improve coastal communities’ economic performance, and
- Deliver over $26M in infrastructure/medical/public outreach improvements to communities in South Texas.
- As a successful business and service leader, James has the skills and experience to lead Nassau Bay and ensure a prominent place in the greater Bay Area community. He brings a collaborative approach and track record of implementing innovative solutions for complex civic challenges.
- Keep Nassau Bay a safe community that benefits from upgraded infrastructure (waste water/flood pumping/road and sewer systems)
- Develop a cohesive strategy to enhance economic growth in our commercial corridor by attracting businesses that benefit the community and enhance the tax base
- Work with State, County, and Federal governments to secure resources to improve, protect, and preserve Nassau Bay
- Create a system that allows for economic impact and fiscal analysis so projects demonstrate long-term value for the community
- Deliver clear communication among Council, PublLucie Johannes Sommer - Campaigic Works, Police, community partners, residents and businesses
- MBA & PhD in Nanotechnology, Swansea University
- B.S., Engineering, Organic Chemistry, HR Management, University of North Texas
- B.A. Business, New Mexico Military Institute
- Texas A&M - Adjunct Professor
- CEO/Chairman, UnimaDx
- Founder, Calon Cardio Technologies
- Boy Scout Parent