Click to Home

Go To Search
Candles, Christmas Tree Fires & Cooking Fires
Candles
A study by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission suggests that 85% of candle fires could be avoided if consumers followed the following three basic rules:
  • Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets
  • Never burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire
  • Never leave a burning candle unattended

Christmas Tree Fires
On average, one of every 18 reported fires that begins with a Christmas tree results in death. For more information, please view  U.S. Fire Administration: Christmas Tree Fire Hazards.

Cooking Fires
Many kitchen fires are caused by cooking on the stove or grease fires. If a fire occurs, remember to call 9-1-1, turn off the power or flames, and cover the pan with a pad or lid to smother the fire. You can use baking soda, but never use water or flour to put the fire out.

For more information, please visit Be Fire Smart.


NBTV

1800 Space Park Dr., Suite 200
Nassau Bay, TX 77058
281.333.4211