2016 Hurricane Preparedness Seminar
for joining us for the 2016 Hurricane Preparedness Seminar on Thursday,
May 19, 2016. Below are PDF versions of the presentations. Also, if you
were unable to join us - you can visit the Police Department at City
Hall for printed materials, helpful checklists, and a few items to add
to your emergency readiness kit.
Below are links download the PDF version of the 2016 Hurricane Preparedness Guide and the seminar presentations.
3 Steps to Prepare for Hurricane Season
Step 1: Create a Family Disaster Plan
Identify ahead of time where you could go if told to evacuate. Choose several places: a family's home in another town, a motel, or a shelter. Keep phone numbers of these places on hand as well as maps to each location. Keep your gas tanks full during hurricane season. Make sure to include a plan for your pets.
If you will need assistance evacuating before the storm, call 2-1-1 or contact the Nassau Bay Police Dept. at 281-333-2212. Carry a list of telephone numbers that includes emergency contacts, family members, and other important numbers, such as your family doctor.
Step 2: Assemble an Emergency Supply Kit
- Water - One Gallon Per Person Per Day
- Food - 3-Day Supply of Non-Perishable Foods
- First Aid Kit
- Extra Batteries
- Local Maps
- Battery-Powered or Hand-Crank Radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with Tone Alert
- Pet Food, Water, and Supplies
- Medications, Prescriptions, and Medical Equipment
- Can Opener for Food
- Cash or Traveler's Checks and Change
- Infant Formula and Diapers
- Important Family Documents (Copies of Insurance Policies, Identification, Bank Records, etc)
Step 3: Always Stay Informed