Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Mows, edges, and weeds grass in City parks.
- Trims trees, cleans restrooms, and picks up trash in City parks and along City streets.
- Changes seasonal banners on City light poles.
- Cleans City catch basins from debris after each rain.
- Paints street signs, light poles, yellow curbs.
- Posts signs for upcoming council and special events meetings as directed.
- Performs routine building and grounds maintenance.
- Performs manual labor as necessary.
- Performs all other duties as may be assigned by Parks Supervisor or Public Works Director.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Intermediate education, high school diploma preferred.
• Minimum of six (6) months experience in related work.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Skills in lawn maintenance.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Knowledge in plant and tree care.
ADA COMPLIANCE: The following paragraphs are intended to describe the overall strength and physical demands of the functions performed by the incumbent during a typical workday. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Nassau Bay will provide its employees with reasonable accommodations to enable individuals to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Physical Ability: Tasks involve the ability to exert heavy physical effort in heavy work, with greater emphasis on climbing and balancing, but typically also involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds); may occasionally involve heavier objects and materials (up to 100 pounds).
Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate colors or shades of colors. Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate sounds. Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate depths. Some tasks require visual perception and discrimination. Some tasks require oral communications ability.
Environmental Factors: Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, toxic agents/chemicals, temperature and noise extremes, traffic hazards, disease, violence, and/or pathogenic substances.