Residents can participate in residential recycling for a small annual fee through AmeriWaste. To enroll in the recycling program, please contact AmeriWaste Inc. at 281.331.8400.
- Residential recycling is provided and billed directly through Ameriwaste. *Recyclables are collected on Thursdays.
- 35-gallon recycling cart will be provided to all recycling customers. *Curbside and back door recycling options available.
- Back Door Recycling: $37.80 / year
- Curbside Recycling: $18.65 / year
RECYCLING CONTAINER GUIDELINES
AmeriWaste provides a 35-gallon wheeled cart for commingled recyclable items for curbside or backdoor service. Please do not place the cart next to the trash. The cart is for use of recycling only, do not place trash in the cart. The cart remains the property of AmeriWaste Inc.
ALUMINUM, TIN, and METAL
Aluminum Foil (balled)
Aluminum Foil Baking Pans
Steel and Tin Cans
GLASS (Labels can be left on containers)
Clear, Amber, Green
Mirrors and Windows
PLASTIC: #1-5 and 7
Water / Soda Bottles
Jars and Tubs
Detergent and Cleaner Bottles
Soap and Shampoo Bottles
Plastic Foam (cups, take-out containers, etc.)
Plastic Bags, Films, and Packaging
Oil / Anti-freeze Containers
PAPER (May be placed in plastic or paper bags to help with containment)
Newspapers / Coupons
Office Paper / Construction / Colored Paper
Posters / Envelopes / Folders
Greeting Cards / Junk Mail / Phone Books
Catalogs / Magazines
Wrapper Paper / Paper Bags
CARDBOARD (Remove liners and flatten large items)
Shoe / Gift Boxes
Soda / Beverage Boxes
Food boxes (cereal boxes, etc.)
The above items should be clean and rinsed of any liquids or food products. One dirty product or with food waste still inside can contaminate an entire bale containing thousands of pounds of collected items. It is not necessary to remove tops or wrappers.
If you cannot fit all your recyclables in your container, place additional items in a cardboard box or in clear bags. If you have excess cardboard, please cut or fold the cardboard into a pile, and tie them into manageable bundles with string or twine. Place the bundles next to your recycling container. Do not use the recycle cart for household trash.
Additional Recycling Resources
- Earth911 - Find the nearest recycling location for your items.
- Recycling in the Houston-Galveston Region - Tips on how to reduce and reuse everyday items.
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Site for Harris County