The 2023 Hurricane Season is Here
Prepare now - it only takes one
Hurricane Preparedness Documents
Download the City of Nassau Bay's Emergency Communications handout HERE.
Download the Hurricane Evacuation Routes handout HERE.
Download the Zip Zone Map HERE.
Download the Hurricane Tracking Chart HERE.
3 Steps to Prepare for Hurricane Season
Step 1: Create a Family Disaster Plan
- Identify ahead of time where you could go if told to evacuate. Choose several places: a family’s home in another town, a motel, or a shelter. Keep phone numbers of these places on hand as well as maps to each location. Keep your gas tanks full during hurricane season. Make sure to include a plan for your pets.
- If you will need assistance evacuating before the storm, call 2-1-1 or contact the Nassau Bay Office of Emergency Management at 281-336-6293. The State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry (STEAR) is a free service available to the elderly, people with disabilities or special medical conditions, and individuals who do not have a motor vehicle or other means of transportation.
- Carry a list of telephone numbers that includes emergency contacts, family members, and other important numbers, such as your family doctor.
- Residents who live in an evacuation zone need to learn their evacuation routes and wait on instructions from local authorities before leaving.
Step 2: Assemble an Emergency Supply Kit
Everyone should have an emergency supplies kit with enough non-perishable food and water to last seven to ten days. Other essential items include:
- Copies of insurance papers and identification sealed in a watertight plastic bag
- First-aid kit
- NOAA weather radio and batteries
- Mobile phone and charger
- Supply of prescription medicines
- Sleeping bag or blankets
- Changes of clothes
- Hygiene items such as toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, and deodorant
- Cash or checkbook
- Pet supplies including food, water, leashes, bedding, and vaccination records
Step 3: Always Stay Informed
- Sign up to receive emergency notifications from the City of Nassau Bay via text, email, or phone call.
- Follow City of Nassau Bay on Social Media:
- Learn about hurricane evacuation routes.
- Monitor local radio and TV stations
- Get a NOAA Weather Radio with Tone Alert
- Know the difference between Hurricane Watch & Hurricane Warning