- Municipal Court
- Court Rules
Rules of the Court
Nassau Bay Municipal Court Rules & Dress Code
Dignity respect and decorum is necessary to a proper court atmosphere. Proper dress is required the following items of clothing are NOT ALLOWED:
- Sunglasses or hats
- Exposed midriff or suggestive clothing
- Halter style and undershirt garments
- Excessively low rise jeans, pants, skirts or shorts
- Advertisement on clothing for drugs or alcohol
- Cell phones and pagers must be on silent mode or turned off, as well as no texting. If on after being told to turn it off it will be taken from you.
- Headphones nor food or drinks are allowed in the courtroom.
- Stay seated and do not approach bench until your name is called or you have been given permission. Also when approaching the bench stay behind the line.
- No loud noises or talking, if you have children keep them quiet and seated.
- You’re subject to search. Other than law enforcement personnel, weapons are prohibited in the courtroom and court building. If you have a weapon turn it in and you will get it back at the end of court or when your case has been dismissed.
- No smoking or use of tobacco products on city premises.
- No recording devices are allowed without judicial approval.
- Do not interrupt or talk at the same time as the Judge, counsels, witnesses, or other court personnel.
- Do not engage in conversation with other parties during the court hearing unless it is with your legal counsel or directed by the Judge.
- No gestures or facial expressions, or sounds indicating approval or disapproval.
- Do not read news papers, magazines, books, ect., in the courtroom during proceedings.
- Do not leave the courtroom without permission from the Judge or bailiff.
- Must be on time.
- Do not put hands in pockets.