GENERAL & SPECIAL ELECTION
May 1, 2021 City Officers' Election
For the May 1, 2021, 2020 Election, Nassau Bay residents will be asked to vote for the positions of Council Position 1, 3, and 5. The incumbents are displayed below.
|City Council Position 1||Don Matter|
|City Council Position 3||John Mahon (term-limited)|
|City Council Position 5||Sandra Mossman|
- Mayor Pro Tem (Councilmember) Don Matter is eligible to run for Position 1 in May 2021.
- Councilmember John Mahon is term-limited and unable to run for Council Position 3 in May 2021.
- Sandra Mossman was appointed to the vacancy of Council Position 5 at the January 11, 2021 Council Meeting. This position became vacant upon the swearing-in of Bob Warters as Mayor of the City of Nassau Bay. Sandra Mossman's appointment is for the remainder of this term until May 2021. She is eligible to run for Position 5 in May 2021.
Candidates interested in placing an application for a place on the May 1, 2021 General Election ballot may file their applications between Wednesday, January 13, 2021 through Friday, February 12, 2021.
Any person wishing to file for candidacy may pick up an application packet from the City Secretary's office. Additionally, the Candidate Packet can be viewed and downloaded here: May 1, 2021 Election Candidate Packet.
Candidate Filing Dates and Times:
- Start Date: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 8:00am
- End Date: Friday, February 12, 2021 at 5:00pm
Candidate Filing Office Hours:
- Monday to Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am to 11:30am (Office hours will be extended to 5:00pm on Friday, February 12th.)
Additional Important 2021 Election Dates:
- First Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail: Friday, January 1, 2021
- Last Day to Register to Vote (for 2021 City Officers' Election): Thursday, April 1, 2021