2022 FEMA FMA Application
The Federal Government, through FEMA and the State of Texas, have opened the 2022 grant application process to elevate flood-prone structures. If your house is listed as a repetitive loss, severe repetitive loss property, or if you have shown interest in the program in the past, you are invited to submit an application for consideration.
The application period is open until December 2, 2022 (12/2/22), when all documentation must be received by the State of Texas. To meet that deadline, all applications to the City MUST be submitted by Friday, November 4 at 11:30AM.
The FEMA FMA grant may pay 75%, 90% or 100% of the cost of elevation, and the home-owner will be responsible for any HOA requirements or non-eligible work. Properties will be reviewed and a benefit-cost analysis (BCA) done to determine property eligibility.
If you are a new applicant interested in the grant program, please apply by completing and submitting the required documentation.
Here are the documents you will need to submit with your packet:
- A Notice of Voluntary Interest Form
- A Declaration and Release Form
- A Model Acknowledgement of Conditions Form
- National Flood Insurance Program documentation including: (a) Current NFIP policy declarations page (If you have your property loss history from your annual NFIP flood policy update, please include it) and (b) NFIP Loss History (Owners may call 866-395-7496 to request this information. This item is ONLY required if there have been paid claims to the property.)
- An elevation certificate for your property (click link for sample).
- A Building Sketch or Survey of your property. Important note: This can be a professional survey or hand-drawn with appropriate dimensions. The perimeter of the house is needed for proper calculations.
- Color photos of each of the sides of the house, minimum four pictures (front, left side, back, right side).
- Harris County Appraisal District (HCAD) printout of your property (click link for sample). A PDF or scanned document is acceptable.
If you have any questions, please contact the Building Department at 281-336-6292 or via email at NB.Permits@NassauBay.com.
Completed application packets should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submittal of the grant application does not ensure that a grant will be awarded.