What if my water bill is unusually high? Can I get an adjustment?
The City of Nassau Bay may allow customers who have suffered an excusable defect to receive an adjustment to their bills. Credit will take the form of a rebate to the bill, not a refund. To qualify as excusable, a defect must be hidden, such as in a wall, underground, or in a toilet tank. Faucets are not considered hidden.

Request for a bill adjustment must be made in writing to:
Customer Service
City Hall
18100 Upper Bay Road
Suite 200
Nassau Bay, TX 77058

Requests must also include a receipt for parts or repair bill and must be made within six months of the repair. Customers may apply for no more than one such adjustment in any 12-month period for any one account.

Several things can prevent this adjustment:
  • Ineffective Repairs - Sometimes the real problem is a second leak that needs to be repaired

  • Long-Term Leakage - Allowing a leak to continue for over three months raises the average consumption

  • Drop in Consumption - A drop in actual consumption can mask the rise caused by the leak

Show All Answers

1. Am I responsible for water lost from leaks in my residential plumbing system?
2. What if my water bill is unusually high? Can I get an adjustment?
3. What can I do if I have an unusually high water bill and cannot determine the presence of a leak?